Monday, July 30, 2012

So today was a veryyy LONG day! But a very productive and happy one :D

I went back to nannying today and I was there at 8:30 - 4:30. 4 girls! It's a lot of work, especially when it's just me. It's hard to make every girl happy, because usually one feels left out, or gets into a fight, or doesn't want to do what the others are doing, etc. But I make it work. Today we made homemade chocolate chip cookies! They loved that :D I think I'm going to go onto my pinterest boards and see what I can come up with for them to do tomorrow :] I missed them so much though! When I walked through the door, they all came running to me and gave me a huge hug :] Made me feel so loved! And the mom asked me questions about my vacation and how Sam was. It's nice to have a family to work for who really cares about my life!

Right after work, I went straight for my informational meeting about my majors. By the end of 2014, I will have 2 majors in Education and Special Education. I've always wanted to teach, but put it in the back of my head. In spring, I took an education class to fulfill one of my classes, and just fell in love with it :] So, I changed my major from architecture to education! Education runs in my family too. My aunt has her masters in education, my grandma taught special education for years, my grandpa had his doctorate in education, my cousin is a director at a boys and girls club.. so I have a lot of resources to use. I'm excited!

Then tonight, my cousin sent me a letter just to say hi and that she is always there for me :D That Really made my day. Made me feel so special and loved! Thank you cuz! It's always nice getting a hand written letter in the mail :] People need to start doing that more. It makes the message more personal when you see their hand writing.

Also, we have been shopping at Whole Foods more often and it makes me feel so healthy! Just the smell makes me feel good and want to eat healthier. When I went there about a week ago with my mom, I walked down the isle with all the natural products like candles, shampoo, soap, stuff like that. I was fascinated with what was actually in the products. Sure enough, they were all great things! I wanted to buy some, but not for $14 haha. So instead, I bought some essential oils. I've read that they are very good for you, plus the aroma isn't bad on the nose either :P I bought a diffuser to go with it. You put a candle under the diffuser, and the oil heats up making the oil spread through the air. It might be just in my head, but I love the look of it and it is much better than just a candle! Plus, the oil lasts a lottttt longer than just a candle. That is also a plus!

Okay this post probably makes no sense. I'm watching the olympics while trying to make a post haha.

I need to start posting pictures on here, so my next post I will add some pictures of some sort!

Is everyone watching the olympics? What is your favorite event? Mine is the diving and gymnastics. They are simply flawless!

I hope you all have a great week! :D

-Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment